Explore opportunities to receive public funds to help springboard your business venture. There are programs that apply to businesses in all provinces and territories, and others that apply only to businesses in your region.
- Aboriginal Business and Entrepreneurship Development
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickQuebecOntarioManitobaSaskatchewanAlbertaBritish ColumbiaApply for financing to start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- Aboriginal Economic Development Fund — Regional Partnership Grant
Only Applies to : OntarioAs an approved aboriginal business or a non-aboriginal business partnering with one, you may be eligible to apply for grants of up to $250,000.
- Aboriginal Tourism Development Funding Support Program
Only Applies to : CanadaYou could get up to $10,000 for a project that is designed to help your Aboriginal tourism business move towards market or export readiness.
- Access-Ability Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickApply for a $10/hour wage subsidy to employ persons with disabilities at your business.
- Adam Chowaniec Memorial Fund for Global EntrepreneurshipYou could qualify for a $3,000 grant for activities that support the promotion or development of export opportunities for Canadians.
- Agri-Food Market Development Program
Only Applies to : New BrunswickGet financing to expand provincial market opportunities and increase the sale and consumption of agri-food products manufactured in New Brunswick.
- Agriculture Development Fund
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanAccess funding to undertake agriculture or food research and development.
- Agriculture Direct Loans
Only Applies to : New BrunswickGet a loan for a project of strategic importance to the province's agricultural sector.
- AgriInnovation ProgramIf you have an agri-business, you can apply for an R&D contribution to get your new agricultural product or technology ready for the market.
- AgriInvestIf you are an agricultural producer, you could get a matching contribution if you put aside savings.
- AgriMarketing — Assurance systems streamYour not-for-profit organization could be eligible for funding for projects that support national food assurance systems and tools.
- AgriMarketing — Market development streamYour not-for-profit organization in the agriculture, agri-food, fish or seafood sector could be eligible for funding for market development projects.
- AgriMarketing — SME ComponentYour SME in the agriculture, agri-food, fish or seafood sector could be eligible for funding to develop or further penetrate export markets.
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts Grants
Only Applies to : AlbertaLearn about grants and resources for artists in Alberta.
- Industry r&D Associates
Only Applies to : AlbertaYou could get financial help with hiring a Master's or PhD graduate to conduct research and related activities for your business.
- Alberta Media Fund
Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you publish books or magazines, or produce films or sound recordings, you could get a grant to fund new projects and cover eligible expenses.
- Alternate work arrangements and work hour reduction
Only Applies to : QuebecTake advantage of advice and funding to help your preserve jobs.
- Applied Research and Development GrantsYou could receive funding of up to $150,000 when you partner with an eligible Canadian college to develop clean technologies.
- Appui financier à la relève dans le secteur de la capture
Only Applies to : QuebecAre you between the ages of 18 and 39 and want to buy your first fishing business? If so, you may be eligible for financial support to do so.
- Appui pour la conversion à l'agriculture biologique
Only Applies to : QuebecDo you have a farming business? If so, you could get financial assistance to support your conversion to organic farming.
- Aquaculture Collaborative Research and Development ProgramBy collaborating with government researchers, you could increase your business' scientific capacity for projects relating to fish health and environmental performance.
- Atlantic Innovation Fund
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickIf your business is in the Atlantic provinces, you could get funding to develop new technology.
- Automotive Innovation Fund If you have an incorporated automotive business, you could get funding to build greener, more fuel-efficient vehicles through innovation and R&D.
- Automotive Partnership CanadaIf you are working on next-generation automotive technologies, you could receive financial assistance to support collaborative R&D activities.
- Automotive Supplier Innovation ProgramAs a supplier to the automotive industry, your business could access funds to support projects that develop innovative products or processes.
- B.C. Buy Local Program
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaIf you are in the agriculture, agrifood or seafood sectors, you could receive funding up to $75,000.
- BC Tech Co-op Grants Program
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaIf your business operates in the technology sector, you may be eligible for a grant to hire a BC co-op student.
- Bioenterprise Seed Funding Program
Only Applies to : OntarioHas your business developed a unique agricultural or agri-food innovation in Southern Ontario? You could access seed financing and business coaching.
- Biosecurity Risk Prevention and Mitigation Initiative
Only Applies to : YukonYou could access funds to implement solutions that prevent or lessen risks to plant and animal health.
- Branché au travail
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could get financial assistance to install electric vehicle charging stations for your employee's use.
- Business Development Centres of Nunavut
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you are a Canadian living in Nunavut, you can apply for help to start or grow a business in your community.
- Business Investment Fund
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorNeed financing to grow or expand your business? If it is part of the Province’s strategic sector, you could be eligible for funding.
- Business Opportunity Grant
Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you are an agriculture producer, producer group or a new entrant to the industry you may be eligible for funding for your projects.
- Canada Book FundYou could receive financial assistance for your Canadian book publishing business.
- Canada Council for the Arts — FundingAre you an artist? You may be eligible to apply for various grants and prizes through the Canada Council for the Arts.
- Canada Feature Film FundIf you are an incorporated Canadian film producer, you could receive money to develop, produce and market your movies in English or French.
- Canada Job Grant
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickOntarioManitobaSaskatchewanAlbertaBritish ColumbiaYukonNorthwest TerritoriesNunavutYou could get up to $10,000 per employee to help cover the cost of training.
- Canada Music Fund: Aid to Canadian Music Publishing FirmsYour music publishing firm could receive a yearly contribution of up to $75,000 for projects that cultivate and promote Canadian music talent.
- Canada Periodical FundYou could get money to help you publish your Canadian magazine or non-daily newspaper.
- Canadian Industry Program for Energy ConservationAccess financial assistance, workshops, and other services that can help your industrial facility save energy.
- CanExport programYou could get up to $99,999 to help your business develop new export markets.
- Capital Acquisition Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible for financing to build your infrastructure and move from start-up through to international exporting.
- Career FocusYou could get funding to hire young people if you can give them useful work experience.
- Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN)Is your next-generation communication solutions project ready for commercialization? You could qualify for support valued up to $100,000.
- Saskatchewan Child Care Inclusion Program
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanAre you starting a child care facility in Saskatchewan that will include children with diverse needs? If so, you may be eligible for a grant.
- Child Care — Quality Improvement Funding Support
Only Applies to : New BrunswickYou can apply for funding to increase the wages of eligible permanent employees at your child day care home or centre.
- CHOICES workplace safety incentive program
Only Applies to : YukonYou may qualify for insurance rebates for improving your workplace health and safety and return-to-work outcomes.
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you are Métis, you could get a financial package to help you start, buy or expand a business.
- Cluster Development Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandWork together with other local businesses to find export opportunities.
- Coast Opportunity Funds — Economic Development Fund
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaObtain funding for your sustainable business or economic development activities if you are a Participating First Nation (or individual member of one) on the BC coast.
- Collaboration Voucher Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Collaborative Research and Development GrantsYou could get a university to help you with your research project in natural sciences or engineering if you contribute half the costs of the project.
- Commercialization Support for Business Program
Only Applies to : ManitobaApply for financial help to commercialize innovative products that aren't yet being manufactured in the province.
- Community Capacity Fund
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYour not-for-profit organization may be eligible to receive financing to assist in planning rural development initiatives.
- Community Futures Program (NWT)
Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesIf you are starting a new business or looking to grow your existing business in the NWT, you could be eligible for business assistance, funding or counselling.
- Community Futures Self Employment Program
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaIf you live in BC and are underemployed, unemployed or have made an EI claim in recent years, you could get help to start a business.
- Connect to InnovateIf your business operates in a rural or remote community, you can apply for financing to obtain a high-speed Internet connection.
- Connected Vehicle/Automated Vehicle (CVAV) Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could get funding to develop and commercialize innovations in connected and automated vehicle technologies.
- Connecting America co-op marketing program
Only Applies to : CanadaDo you have a creative marketing idea to bring US travellers to Canada? You may be eligible to receive up to $500,000 for your proposal.
- Conservation Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could receive funding for new energy conservation programs and technology for your business.
- Craft Business Development
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaAccess skills development and funding assistance to develop or grow your craft business in Cape Breton Island and Mulgrave.
- Craft Development Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive financial support to expand or diversify the quality of crafts that your business manufactures.
- Cultural industries — Financial assistance
Only Applies to : New BrunswickFind out how you could get money to help cover costs related to your film, television, new media, music or publishing business.
- Development and Commercialization Competition
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive financial support for the discovery and development project phases of your innovative PEI business.
- Direct Operating Grant (child care)
Only Applies to : YukonIf you run a child care program in the Yukon, you may get funding for ongoing operating and maintenance costs.
- Disaster Financial Assistance Program
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaYou could receive financial help with repairs and recovery from uninsurable disaster-related property damage.
- Eastern Ontario Development Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you run a business or an incorporated, not-for-profit organization you could receive funding to support business expansion and innovation in your region.
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you are located in a rural area of Eastern Ontario, you could get financing to start or grow your business.
- Economic Development Initiative (Southern Ontario)
Only Applies to : OntarioFunding may be available for your organization if you provide business support services in French to a Francophone community in southern Ontario.
- Economic Opportunity Fund
Only Applies to : NunavutYour Qikiqtaaluk tourism-based business, operating adjacent to the National Parks, may be eligible for a grant of up to $10,000.
- Electric Vehicle Incentive and Charging Incentive Programs
Only Applies to : OntarioYou might be eligible for rebates toward the purchase or lease of a new plug-in hybrid electric or battery electric vehicle and a charging station.
Only Applies to : ManitobaSaskatchewanAlbertaAre you a person with a disability looking to start a business in a rural community? Support may be available.
- Employ PEI
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandAs a PEI business owner, you can apply for a wage subsidy to hire and train eligible individuals for up to a year.
- Employment stabilization
Only Applies to : QuebecIf your industry experiences cyclical layoffs, you could receive financial assistance to extend the work periods of your employees.
- Energy Smart Commercial Buildings Retrofit Program
Only Applies to : New BrunswickYou could get up to $3,000 to evaluate the energy efficiency of your business and up to $75,000 to pay for the energy upgrades.
- Engage GrantsIf your business operates in Canada, you could receive up to $25,000 when you partner with a college or university to develop valuable technology.
- Enterprise Trade Fund (film and sound industries)
Only Applies to : YukonIf your business is involved in the sound or film industry, you can apply for funding of up to $50 000.
- Enterprise Trade Fund (Small Business)
Only Applies to : YukonYou could be eligible for funding to open, develop or expand markets or to stimulate Yukon business activities.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development Fund
Only Applies to : YukonNorthwest TerritoriesNunavutIf you are Aboriginal and live in the territories, you could get financing to start or grow a business.
- Experience AwardsIf your research company operates in Canada, you could get up to $4,500 when you hire a natural sciences or engineering student for a 12-16 week term.
- Export Growth Program
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou could be eligible for funding up to $15,000 to increase your export capabilities.
- Export Help! Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive up to $5,000 to hire a consultant to provide you with export advice.
- Export Market Access — A global expansion program
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you have at 5 to 500 employees and annual sales of $500,000 or more, you may qualify for a grant of 50% on costs to grow export sales.
- Export Readiness Micro-Voucher Program
Only Applies to : AlbertaYour Alberta business could get up to $5,000 for the development of a targeted international market strategy focused on one country.
- Exportateurs de classe mondiale Program
Only Applies to : QuebecIf you are in the agri-food business, you could get funding to explore export markets, develop strategies, and seize business opportunities.
- FACTOR funding for the sound recording industryIf your business operates in the English sound recording industry in Canada, you could qualify for funding to support various business activities.
- Family and Youth Capital Assistance Program
Only Applies to : New BrunswickYou could be eligible for a grant to support youth and family related activities in New Brunswick.
- Farm Business Development Initiative
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanAs a Saskatchewan farmer, you can apply for funding to access farm-related training or to help with the cost of hiring a consulting service.
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaAs a new farmer, you could be eligible for funding to reduce the loan principal on your first commercial business by up to $30,000.
- Yukon Film Development Fund
Only Applies to : YukonYour Yukon film business may be eligible for up to $35,000 in non-repayable grants to cover expenses associated with the development of film projects in Yukon.
- Financial assistance for music production and variety programming
Only Applies to : QuebecDo you own a music, entertainment-production, or artist management company? If so, you could get a grant for your commercial activities.
- Financial Assistance Program for the Development of Private Woodlots
Only Applies to : QuebecIf you are a recognized forestry producer, you could get financial and technical assistance to carry out forestry operations in private forests.
- Financial programs
Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesAre you looking to obtain financing for your business? This program offers term loans, equity, contributions and letters of credit.
- Financial support for agricultural fairs
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could receive financial assistance to carry out your agricultural fair project.
- Financial support for aspiring farmers
Only Applies to : QuebecIf you are a Quebec farmer and want to take over an existing farm or start a new one, this funding might be for you.
- Financing program for cultural businesses
Only Applies to : QuebecExplore loans and financial tools that may help you carry out a development or rehabilitation project for your cultural business.
- First Patent program
Only Applies to : QuebecDo you want to protect your intellectual property assets with a patent or an industrial design? If so, you could be eligible for financial assistance.
- Fisheries and Sealing — Commercial Fisheries Freight Subsidy
Only Applies to : NunavutAs a commercial fisher or business owner, you could get a grant to cover up to 50% of the cost to ship within Nunavut and southern Canada.
- Fisheries and fur programs
Only Applies to : NunavutAre you a fur harvester in Nunavut? If so, you are eligible for advance payments for cleaned and dried sealskins and furs through local Wildlife offices.
- Seafood Innovation and Transition Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorIf your fisheries-related business or organization is transitioning from shellfish to groundfish, you could be eligible for funding.
- Fonds d'aide à l'économie de Lac-Mégantic
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could receive financial assistance if you carry out studies or projects promoting economic and tourism development in the town of Lac-Mégantic.
- Fonds de développement économique de la région de la Capitale-Nationale
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could get financial assistance if your project has a structuring effect on the economic development of the National Capital Region.
- Fonds de diversification économique du Centre-du-Québec et de la Mauricie
Only Applies to : QuebecAre you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Centre-du-Québec and Mauricie regions? You could get financial support.
- Fonds de diversification économique — MRC des Sources
Only Applies to : QuebecAre you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Regional County Municipality of Des Sources? You could get financial assistance.
- Fuel Injection Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYour advanced manufacturing or social innovation business could access up to $30,000 in seed funding for growth projects in Southern Ontario.
- Funding programs for Nunavut filmmakers
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you are a filmmaker, producer or owner of a production company based in Nunavut, you may get money to create films, television shows and digital media.
- Future Fisher Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandAs a newly-licensed Prince Edward Island lobster fisher, you may be eligible for mentoring and financial support.
- Gasoline Competition Assistance Program
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you are a service station owner or bulk fuel dealer located along the Alberta or Manitoba border, you may be eligible for a commission for gasoline and propane sold.
- Going Global InnovationIf you are looking to commercialize your technology abroad, you could get money to develop the international partnerships needed for success.
- Graduate to Opportunity program
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for funding to offset the cost of hiring a recent college or university graduate.
- Grants and professional development — Arts sector
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanAre you a Saskatchewan resident looking for funding or professional development in the arts? Learn about the various programs available to entrepreneurs.
- Grants for registered family child care homes
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorThinking of starting a registered family child care home in Newfoundland and Labrador? You may be eligible for start-up grants and yearly supplements.
- Green Jobs Youth InternshipYou may be eligible for up to $10,000 to hire a graduate to help with your use of green technologies and processes.
- Growing Forward 2: Advancing Innovation Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorFind funding for your Newfoundland and Labrador agriculture, agri-food, or agri-products business to help enhance innovation and productivity.
- Growing Forward 2: Agricultural Opportunities Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorFind funding for your Newfoundland and Labrador agriculture-sector business to expand operations or adapt to changing markets.
- Growing Forward 2: Agriculture Sustainability Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorFind funding for your Newfoundland and Labrador agriculture-sector SME to compete globally, as well as be a force for good.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Assurance
Only Applies to : ManitobaIf you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor interested in sustainable business practices, you could find financial assistance.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Competitiveness
Only Applies to : ManitobaIf you are a farmer, an agriproducer or an agriprocessor, you could get financial assistance to refine your business skills.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Innovation
Only Applies to : ManitobaAs an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could take advantage of financial assistance programs designed to help you with research and adoption of new technologies.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Value — Commercialization
Only Applies to : ManitobaIf you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could receive financing for pre-commercialization, commercialization and market development activities.
- Heritage Training Fund
Only Applies to : YukonIf your non-profit organization is engaged in the heritage sector, you could qualify for educational funding.
- Housing Internship Initiative for First Nations and Inuit YouthYour housing-related business may qualify for wage subsidies to hire and train First Nations or Inuit youths.
- Human Resources Implementation Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYour business may be eligible for funding to implement a human resource strategy.
- Human resources management support
Only Applies to : QuebecBoost your productivity and increase your knowledge of human resource principals with this management support and coaching service.
- Incoming Buyers Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYour business could receive up to $2,250 to bring an international buyer to your business.
- Industrial agreement programs
Only Applies to : QuebecIf your Quebec SME is seeking European industrial or technological partners, these programs could make the process easier for you.
- Industrial Research Assistance ProgramYour small or medium-sized business may qualify for financial assistance to develop, adopt, adapt and/or commercialize new or improved technologies.
- Industrial Systems Program
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could get financing to make your factory's facilities, processes and electromechanical systems more energy-efficient.
- Industry-Academic Collaboration Programs
Only Applies to : OntarioLearn about financing and support that may help you develop and commercialize innovative techniques, products and services in Ontario.
- Industry Development Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYour not-for-profit, cultural media industry organization could be eligible for funding and support to hold industry enhancing events in Ontario.
- Partnerships Options for CompaniesGet help with your Canadian R&D projects in natural sciences or engineering from colleges and universities in Canada.
- Information Technology Implementation Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive financing to implement information technology solutions and strategies for your export-oriented business.
- Information Technology Planning
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive a non-repayable grant to cover the cost of acquiring technical support for your PEI business.
- Innovation Superclusters InitiativeYour corporation could be eligible for a non-repayable contribution to help you carry out large-scale, innovative projects as part of a consortium.
- Interactive Digital Media Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for funding to help you cover some the costs of commercializing your interactive digital media content.
- Canadian International Innovation Program If you are a Canadian company with R&D projects in science and technology, you could get funding to work with a foreign partner to commercialize your technology.
- Investing in Business Growth and Productivity
Only Applies to : OntarioYour established Ontario business or not-for-profit organization may be eligible for funding to grow and be more productive.
- Investing in Business Innovation
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could get financing to help commercialize the innovations of your Southern Ontario early-stage business if you've secured private investments.
- Investment Agriculture Foundation funding programs
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaIf you are part of the agriculture and food processing industry in BC, you could be eligible for funding.
- Investment Fund Grant Programs
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you are an artist or creative producer in Saskatchewan with a product ready to sell, you can apply to receive a grant to support your efforts.
- Investments in Forest Industry TransformationYou could get funding to help commercialize first-in-kind technologies for the forest product industry.
- JEDI Aboriginal Development Fund
Only Applies to : New BrunswickIf you are Aboriginal and live in New Brunswick, you can apply for up to $2,500 to start or grow a business.
- Job Creation Partnerships
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaIf you are planning a new business project that benefits the community, you could be eligible to hire a subsidized job seeker.
- Job integration contract
Only Applies to : QuebecIf your business hires and retains a person with a disability, you may be eligible for financial assistance and specific support.
- Job Skills — Essential Workplace Skills Development Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorYour business could receive financial assistance to develop and deliver recognized training for existing and future employees.
- Jobs and Prosperity Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for funding to help with business projects that will enhance productivity and help you compete in the global marketplace.
- Junior Exploration Assistance Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorYou could receive a grant to conduct advanced mineral exploration and prospecting activities.
- Local Poverty Reduction Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYour registered charity, not-for-profit or Indigenous-led organization may be eligible for a grant for sustainable projects that aim to reduce poverty.
- Makigiaqvik Loans
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you have an Inuit-owned business you may be eligible for a loan of up to $50,000.
- Market Access Program
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you want to market your product or service beyond Saskatchewan, you may be eligible for reimbursement of some costs to exhibit at a trade event in a new market.