Find official statistics on a number of population characteristics, organized by topic. Demographic data can help you understand who your customers are, where they are located and what their needs and wants are.
Table of Contents
Statistics Canada's Directory of Statistics
Statistics Canada offers information and analysis on a number of topics relating to demographic characteristics. By examining the data offered under these topics, you can gain insight into the customers and markets you serve.
- Society and community
Browse Statistics Canada information resources on society and community, organized by subtopics such as equity, religion and rural trends.
- Seniors — Statistics
Browse Statistics Canada resources on the characteristics of seniors, organized by subtopics such as care, health, income and retirement.
- Population and demography
Browse Statistics Canada data and studies on populations, as well as their growth factors (births, deaths and migrations).
Browse data on the language composition of Canada, including information on English, French, Aboriginal, and other language groups.
- Income, pensions, spending and wealth
Browse statistical resources on income, pensions, spending and wealth, organized by topics such as debts, spending, savings, and retirement income.
- Children and youth
Browse statistical resources related to infants, children, teens, adolescents, students and young adults.
Census of Population
The Census of Population provides a statistical portrait of Canada and its people.
- Data products : Your guide to statistical information from the census
Browse statistical information about the population, households, dwellings and families as measured in the latest census in Canada.
International demographic statistics
Find official demographic statistics published by international organizations.
- UN Demographic Yearbook
Find international demographic statistics organized by topics such as population size and gender, births, deaths, marriage, and divorce.
Regional demographic statistics
You could find demographic statistics provided by provincial, territorial and regional government agencies.
- Alberta statistics and publicationsOnly Applies to : AlbertaFind publications, statistics, and reports published by Alberta Economic Development and Trade, and links to resources to help you trade and invest.
- Databank of official statistics on QuebecOnly Applies to : QuebecConsult statistics compiled by a number of Quebec departments and agencies on the various facets of the society of Quebec.
- Saskatoon neighbourhood profilesOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanGet detailed demographic data for each Saskatoon neighbourhood to help support your market research.
- Economic Development Winnipeg Inc.Only Applies to : ManitobaThinking of establishing your business in Winnipeg? Find industry profiles, market research and support in site selection.
- Ministry of Health — Covered Population ReportOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanFind Saskatchewan demographic information based on persons who are registered for health insurance benefits.
- Regina neighbourhood profilesOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanView profiles of Regina neighbourhoods for a quick source of detailed information on population, income, family characteristics and more.
- Alberta Community ProfilesOnly Applies to : AlbertaView profiles of Alberta communities featuring the economy's most important indicators for businesses.
- Industrial Land Site LocatorOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you are an Edmonton entrepreneur, use this website to get information on available land, demographics, labour force and business statistics.
- Alberta Labour Market InformationOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you are an entrepreneur, you can use this website to get information on demographics, labour force and shortages, salaries and wages.
- Date modified: